The 2020 IOTA Forum on the Use of Data from Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) was co-hosted by IOTA and the Norwegian Tax Administration and took place between 20th-22nd.October. The event followed the theme “Smart use of CRS data – from strategic focus to the latest innovative solutions” and it was not only the first digital Forum of the series running since 2017, but also IOTA’s first completely online Technical Forum. 121 tax officials from 36 IOTA Member countries met to share strategies and experiences on the more efficient and effective use of AEOI data.
The IOTA Forum on the Use of Data from Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) was esptablished in 2017 in order to facilitate better use of AEOI data and to share strategies and experiences.
On the first day of the Forum, Øivind Strømme, International Director of the Norwegian Tax Administration and Frantisek Imrecze, Executive Secretary of IOTA opened the event with welcome speaches, highlighting the importance of the effective use of AEOI data and the importance of this Forum for IOTA members
As the theme of this year’s event was “Smart Use of CRS Data: From Strategic Focus to Innovative Solutions”, it specifically addressed the following topics:
- Strategic Approach to the Use of CRS Data;
- Use of CRS data in tax compliance; and
- Moving from automatic exchange to automatic use of CRS data in a smart way - exploring the possibilities of the latest digital technology in the use of CRS data.
The presentations and discussion focused on topics such as:
- Applying AI to AEOI Data
- Exploring the possibilities for use of CRS data
- Measuring the effect/impact of the use of CRS data
- Complying with confidentiality and data protection requirements
and much more.
The full list of presenters and presentation material is available here for IOTA Members.