The fourth edition of IOTA Talks took place on 11th June 2021. The aim of these virtual meetings between the IOTA secretariat and Principal Contact Persons (PCPs) and Shadow PCPs give a better understanding of decisions made by the Executive Council, provide the latest information about forthcoming events and other IOTA activities.
Following the 126th Executive Council meeting, members of the IOTA Secretariat, including Eugenijus Soldatkovas, Acting Executive Secretary and Manager of the IOTA Work Programme, Roman Bichevoy, Institutional Development Manager, and Lajos Gelencsér, Manager of Finance and Business Administration, presented the below topic:
- Results of the interviews of the shortlisted candidates for the position of Executive Secretary of IOTA
- Executive Secretary’s report on recent developments
- Draft Activities Report and Financial Reports of 2020
- IOTA Strategy Implementation Report of 2020
- Report of the Working Group on IOTA Financial Framework
- Proposal for amendment to the Financial Regulations and Rules of IOTA
- Budget 2022 and Work Programme 2022 proposals
- Next steps in IOTA Technical Assistance
- Update on preparations of the 25th General Assembly
IOTA Talks aim to create more efficient and transparent communication within the organisation and provide a platform where PCPs from IOTA member tax administrations get a chance to ask questions or place comments in a more informal setting. Therefore, each presentation was followed by a Q&A session.
The full recording of the fourth IOTA Talks is available for IOTA Members and can be reached via the event page.
The next IOTA Talks session is planned to take place in October 2021.